Vanderlandelaan 2, Veghel
We are looking for Layout Engineers for several Engineering departments within Vanderlande. We are open to both junior as well as senior candidates. The position of Layout Engineer will give you the opportunity to work on interesting, international projects together with a multidisciplinary team of engineers.
Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification, commissioning and testing of material handling systems for our customers. In this position you will be responsible for developing the 3D lay out for the material handling system solution. The Lay out Engineer works closely with the Mechanical engineers, Mechanical Project Lead and Team’s Project Manager. Furthermore you detail out the installation drawings for the Site Supervisor.
- Create 3D Models of material handling systems; this would include conveyors, sorters, racking, mezzanis, operator positions, maintenance acces, supports and header steel
- Create 3D Models of any other objects that may impact system designs.
- Understand, interpret and apply procedures, standards and regulations.
- Use the Vanderlande design rules to create standard and custom blocks as well to create the models.
- Assure the model is meeting any customer specifications.
- Create 2D Layout packages based on the 3D models that can be used for customer approval as well as installation. This task will include creation of plan and section views in a modified architectural drafting style
- Report progress to the Mechanical Project Lead and Engineering Manager.
- Communicate and work closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical and controls engineering, project management, supply chain and installation).
Initiate and implement improvement actions.
The Project Engineering department is responsible for the execution of projects in which the different components (mechanical and controls) of our material handling systems are implemented. Working under the supervision of a Project Leader, the Layout Engineer is part of a multidisciplinary team of Engineers.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, either Bachelor or intermediate vocational education.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD with the ability to draw and visualize in 3D
- Proactive and hands on work ethic
- Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Good command of the English and Dutch language
- Ability to learn new technical skills involved in maintaining or improving the Layout process and take direction from supervising engineers
- Good organizational skills as required for handling multiple drawings and tasks.
- Willing to travel occasionally
In the challenging and responsible position of Layout Engineer you'll have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer'.
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
As well as your fixed salary you'll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent training facilities
- Travel expenses
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.